Moderated mediation using a latent in... PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Tamara Martinovic posted on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 12:51 am
Hi,

I have a mediation model with 1 latent IV, 1 latent mediator, and 1 latent DV. I want to see if this mediation process works differently in:

1) two national contexts (moderator 1)
2) for people high and low on perceived discrimination (moderator 2, measured with multiple continuous items)
3) a combination of 1 and 2: low discrimination in country 1, high discrimination in country 1, low discrimination in country 2, high discrimination in country 2 (so a possible three-way interaction)

I started off by using multiple group modelling to test these three moderated mediation models, first using country as a grouping variable, then using dichotomized discrimination (computing a mean score and spliting the participants into high/low), and then grouping the data into four groups combining country and discrimination.

However, a reviewer wants me to test a latent interaction between the IV and discrimination instead. I've done this, but I do not seem to manage to answer question 3 in this way Mplus does not allow me to use command TYPE=RANDOM and at the same time estimate a multiple group model for the two countries.

Do you have a solution to this? Can I interact the latent interaction term with the dichotomous country variable? If so, how is this done?

Thank you,
Tamara
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 6:28 am
You can use TYPE=MIXTURE RANDOM and the KNOWNCLASS option for multiple group analysis using XWITH. When all classes are known, it is exactly the same as using the GROUPING option.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: