Latent difference score and XWITH PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Ryan Vogel posted on Friday, November 15, 2013 - 11:32 am
Hello,

Following syntax provided by Selig & Preacher (at http://quantpsy.org/
supp.htm.), I have created a latent difference score representing the change in a measured variable from one time to another.

Now, using the XWITH function, I'm attempting to create a latent interaction term between the latent difference variable and another variable. Then, this interaction term will be used in an equation to predict a third variable. When I attempt to run the model, I receive the error message: "THE ESTIMATED COVARIANCE MATRIX COULD NOT BE INVERTED. COMPUTATION COULD NOT BE COMPLETED IN ITERATION 1. CHANGE YOUR MODEL AND/OR STARTING VALUES.
THE MODEL ESTIMATION DID NOT TERMINATE NORMALLY DUE TO AN ERROR IN THE COMPUTATION. CHANGE YOUR MODEL AND/OR STARTING VALUES."

I'm wondering if anybody out there has familiarity with running this type of variable/model. I have seen others do this before (e.g., Toker & Biron, 2012, Journal of Applied Psychology); however, I am having problems obtaining their syntax.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Friday, November 15, 2013 - 4:48 pm
Stoppage in iteration 1 is often caused by starting values that give an inadmissible covariance matrix.

Others?
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: