Model Indirect PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Abby Gray posted on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 9:38 am
Hello -

I am attempting to assess mediation in an SEM model. I have hypothesized several mediated pathways, each of which appears significant, and my data appear to fit my model well. However, when I attempt to use the Model Indirect command to examine these relationships more closely, the output is just a series of zeros for every relationship. I also noticed that the "Model Indirect" statement in the MPlus input does not turn blue as commands normally do. Do you have any suggestions as to why the Model Indirect command is not working for me? Thank you very much!

Abby
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 9:50 am
Commands with more than one word do not turn blue.

Usually if you gets zeroes from MODEL INDIRECT it means that the indirect path you specify does not exist in your path model. If you can't figure this out, please send the full output and your license number to support@statmodel.com.
 Abby Gray posted on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 6:54 am
I figured it out. Thanks very much!
 Kalina Gjicali posted on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 7:27 am
Hello,

I am testing a theoretical model which already specifies that there is an indirect effect present. How do I specify the indirect effect within the "Model" command?

My understanding is that just by using the "model indirect" command, I am not changing the model itself.

Thank you,
Kalina
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 5:40 pm
See Model Indirect in the Mplus UG.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: