Latent Interactions Missing Data PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Danielle Seay posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 4:16 pm
Hello,

I have a question about the latent interaction model estimated by Mplus. I have a latent variable interacting with an observed variable and I have missing data on the observed variable. When I run the model the sample size is reduced from 204 to 119. Is there a way to include all cases in the analysis?

Also I standardized all of the variables in my model so that I can plot the interaction. Is that acceptable?

Thank you for your help!
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 5:02 pm
Please send the output and license number to support.
 Stig Hebbelstrup Rye Rasmussen posted on Monday, September 01, 2014 - 5:59 am
I have essentially the same question, so I would love to hear if you found a solution to the problem above. I have used the xwith command to estimate an interaction between an observed and a latent variable and I receive the following warning: "Data set contains cases with missing on variables used to define interactions. These cases were not included in the analysis.". If i do not include the interaction all cases are used. Is there a way to use all cases also in this situation?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 9:54 am
You can put a factor behind the observed variable, for example,

XWITH | f1 with f2;

f2 BY y;
y@0;

If you model requires numerical integration,
say y@ .001.
 Stig Hebbelstrup Rye Rasmussen posted on Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 12:45 pm
Hi Linda

Thank you so much for your help! That worked perfectly.

I had actually tried to do something similar but I did not know that i needed to add a small error variance to the second part of the interaction. If i do not do that, I receive this error message stating: THE ESTIMATED COVARIANCE MATRIX COULD NOT BE INVERTED.
COMPUTATION COULD NOT BE COMPLETED IN ITERATION 1.
CHANGE YOUR MODEL AND/OR STARTING VALUES.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 2:40 pm
Yes, in some cases you cannot make the value exactly zero.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: