3-way interaction PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Alyson Zalta posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 7:22 am
Hello,
I am interested in examining an interaction between 3 latent continuous variables. Is this possible in MPlus using the xwith option? If so, what is the syntax?
Thank you.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 7:25 am
I think you can do this usng XWITH two times. Create the interaction for two latent variables in the first XWITH and use that interaction in the second XWITH along with the third latent variable.
 Alyson Zalta posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 7:30 am
Thank you for your quick response. I am using the 3-way interaction term as an independent variable. Do I need to include all two-way interactions in the ON statement as I would in a regression? Thanks again for your help.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 2:17 pm
I would do the same as in regular regression.
 sailor cai posted on Monday, January 21, 2013 - 7:07 pm
Dear Professors Muthens,

A question about three-way latent interaction using LMS on Mplus 7.0: How to standardize the coefficient of a three-way latent interaction?

Say, I have: Y= aA+bB+cC+ d(A*B)+e(A*B*C), how do I standardize e?

My understanding is that to standardize the coefficient of the two-way interaction d, we can do this:

d(standardized)= (sqtr of Variance of A) * (sqrt of the variance of B)/sqrt of variance of Y.

So, to standardized e, can we do it this way:

e(standardized)= (sqtr of Variance of A) * (sqrt of the variance of B)*(sqrt of the variance of B)/(sqrt of variance of Y).
If not, how can I standardize e?

Many thanks in advance!

Sailor
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Monday, January 21, 2013 - 7:55 pm
You should take a look at the FAQ "Latent Variable Interactions".
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: