Effect size PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Sakshi Bhargava posted on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 10:50 am
Hello,
I am performing SEM analyses in MPlus and was wondering if there's a syntax to get effect sizes for various associations?

Thank you
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 5:47 pm
You can use Model Constraint to express any effect size definition you want in terms of model parameters.
 Heiko Breitsohl posted on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 9:19 am
Hi Linda and Bengt,

I am trying to compute an effect size via MODEL CONSTRAINT in a multigroup model.

Question 1: Is there a way of labeling the number of observations in each group, so I can use those numbers directly in MODEL CONSTRAINT?

Question 2: When adding the constraints to compute the effect size, the results contain a lot of "NaN"s. What can I do?

Thanks!
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 9:59 am
Q1. No, but you can enter the numbers directly.

Q2. We have to see the output. Send to Support along with license number. Be sure you used 7.4.
 Mplus User posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 11:05 am
I am hoping to report effect sizes for my mediation analyses. In a personal conversation with Kris Preacher, he tentatively recommended reporting the completely standardized effect for a mediation analysis. See p. 99 of the following article for the mathematical formula:
http://quantpsy.org/pubs/preacher_kelley_2011.pdf

I'm wondering if Mplus produces the completely standardized mediation effect. If I run a mediation analysis using bias-corrected bootstrapping and stdyx, is the standardized coefficient for the mediation effect with confidence intervals equivalent to the completely standardized effect?
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 5:35 pm
Yes, Mplus uses eqn (9).
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: