One way ANOVA on SEM latent variable? PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Simon Schus posted on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 7:12 am
Hi there,

I have collected data from five groups of people and have created a SEM to estimate the relationships amongst some of the latent variables in the dataset (there was a number of missing data so I used ML).

Aside from the relationships which I have estimated without a problem I am trying to determine whether there are significant differences between the five groups for some of the latent variables.

I would usually use a one-way ANOVA and then post hoc tests to explore whether there are differences on a variable between the five groups. Is that possible when using SEM? I could not work out how to set the latent variable up as the dependent variable in an ANOVA, etc.

Do you have any suggestions or guidance?

Simon
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 11:27 am
I assume you are doing this as a multiple group analysis using the GROUPING option. In this case, you can test differences in parameters across groups using chi-square difference testing or MODEL TEST. See pages 486-487 and 697 of the user's guide.
 Anna MacKinnon posted on Thursday, December 12, 2019 - 2:50 pm
I am trying to run a one way ANOVA-equivalent test of differences on a manifest continuous variable between three groups. I used the following code:

USEVARIABLES ARE GROUP Y;
GROUPING = GROUP (0=G1 1=G2 2=G3);

Analysis: Type=MGROUP;
Estimator = ML;
Model:
Y(1) ;
Model G1: [Y] (A1);
Model G2: [Y] (A2);
Model G3: [Y] (A3);

But I am not sure how to interpret the output/find the difference test results.
1) Do the model estimates and p-values represent the chi-square for each group compared to the other two groups combined?
2) Is there a specific command I can use to get this test and an output command?
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Thursday, December 12, 2019 - 3:10 pm
Look up MODEL TEST in the UG.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: