ML vs. MLR PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Alice Frye posted on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 11:42 am
Hi,
I'm estimating latent and observed path models that including mediating pathways, using bootstrapping.

I had the impression that it was not possible to use an MLR estimator as part of this process, since when I try to I get an error message saying that MLR estimator is not available with bootstrapping. A reviewer has told me that it is possible, and that I should be using an MLR estimator rather than an ML estimator.

1) Is it possible?
2) How do I make it happen?

Many thanks
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 5:28 pm
When you use ML + bootstrapping you get bootstrap standard errors for ML parameter estimates. MLR gives MLR SEs for ML parameter estimates. This means that trying to do MLR with bootstrap is a contradiction and we therefore don't allow it. Either you want bootstrap SEs or MLR SEs.
 Wouter Vleugels posted on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 5:21 am
Dear,

I'm testing competing SEM models (stability model, normal causation, reversed causation and reciprocal causation) using Likert-type scored items only as indicators for my latent variables. Which estimator would you recommend using, MLM or MLR? Depending on the estimator I use, I get different result in terms of which model is best.
Many thanks!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 6:03 am
MLM requires listwise deletion. MLR uses all available information. This may be the reason your results are different. Check the sample sizes.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: