Models using the same, single predictor PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Oscar Gonzalez posted on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 8:38 am
Dear Drs. Muthén,

Thank you for providing such a great resource, and for your consideration.

I have 2 models involving latent variables A, B, and C (and single data set). In Model 1 latent variable A predicts latent variable B, and in in Model 2, latent variable A predicts latent variable B and also latent variable C (B and C are mental health symptom clusters that are highly correlated). So, both models include variable A as the only predictor. Should the coefficient between path A and B remain the same in these 2 models, and if so, why?

Again, thanks for your support.

Very respectfully,
Oscar
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 9:25 am
No, the coefficient will be different because the models are different. Only if the models fit perfectly would it be the same.
 Oscar Gonzalez posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 6:06 am
Thanks for the response!

In examining the Estimated Covariance Matrix for the Latent Variable, I noticed that the outcome variable in Model 1 is slightly reduced in Model 2 (the model that adds a second outcome latent variable). Why would this occur? There is no missing data and both models are of equal number of responses for all items. I am trying to understand what specifically changes when adding an outcome variable to a model.

Thank you for your consideration and help.

Very respectfully,
Oscar
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 6:11 pm
You want to direct this question to SEMNET.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: