Simple survey weights and bootstrap PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Elizabeth Schofield posted on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 8:16 am
I'm trying to fit a path model with a binary outcome, but the observations have simple survey weights (there were no sampling units) and we would like to Bootstrap to test some indirect effects.

I thought I needed to use a weight statement in the Variable chunk, TYPE=COMPLEX and REPSE=BOOTSTRAP in the Model chunk, and specify the MODEL INDIRECT effects. However when I do this I get an error that I need a cluster or strata variable for the replicate weights for the Bootstrap.

I don't have a complex sample with sampling units, so I'm not sure where to go from here. Is there a different TYPE= option for this situation? Is there a way to force the replicate weights be calculated only from my survey weights?

One workaround that "works" is to set STRAT to one of the demographic variables that went into the weights, but this seems like a rough approximation to what we really want to do here.

Thanks for your help.
 Tihomir Asparouhov posted on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 10:31 pm
You got this right - the trick with the one STRAT is the way to go (or use clusters with just one observation each). It is just a workaround and is totally valid.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: