Regression paths from a second-order ... PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 hai hong li posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 2:11 pm
Dear Linda,

I have a SEM model that has regression paths from a second-order factor to other factors.

Can Mplus deal with it?

How to differentiate the regression paths from the paths from the second-order factor to its first-order factors?

Do you know any references of papers that involve this kind of complex model?

Thanks!
hai hong
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 7:12 pm
You can differentiate them by using the ON option. I don't know of any references.
 jtw posted on Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 8:29 am
Hello there,

I'm attempting to estimate a second order factor model to capture domain-specific attitudes (first-order) and general attitudes (second order) and then using this model to predict an outcome. I am familiar with models that can accomplish this when regressing the outcome on the second order factor exclusively. However, what I am really interested in theoretically is whether domain-specific attitudes also contribute to the outcome above and beyond general attitudes. Thus, I would like to regress the outcome on both the second order factor as well as one or more of the first order factors. Are there any references you have for this type of model and/or do you foresee any problems with this setup?
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 2:37 pm
Take a look at Gustafsson-Balke in MBR 1993 where these models are discussed in detail.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: