Accounting for types of instruments i... PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Guido Biele posted on Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 6:20 am
I would like to do ESEM on data that stems partially from questionnaires and partially from neuropsychological tests.

When I do this in a naive fashion, the resulting factors reflect different functions (e.g., executive functions (EF), IQ, emotional lability), but also the type of instrument. E.g., I find one factor for EF measured with a parent questionnaire and one factor for EF measured with neuropsychological tests.

Is there a way I can set up an analysis to control for the effect of instrument type?
The model I have in mind would have a latent variable for each participant that captures the ability to perform tests and would, which in addition to the standard latent variables of an EFA account for performance in all tests.

Is there an example for such or a similar model, or is there a specific chapter of the documentation I should read for this?
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 2:32 pm
You may want to check the literature on MTMM. Also, ask on SEMNET.
 Guido Biele posted on Friday, April 06, 2018 - 1:28 am
Thanks for the pointer to MTMM, though I am not sure if MTMM is applicable for my problem because I am trying to do an exploratory analysis.
I'll ask on SEMNET.
 Tihomir Asparouhov posted on Friday, April 06, 2018 - 10:31 am
You might be able to do that using bi-factor rotation (ROTATION = BI-GEOMIN;) or within the ESEM framework use EFA factors in combination with CFA factors.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: