Testing Moderation using continuous v... PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Lena Jeong posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 9:25 am
Hi: I am trying to run a SEM model and test moderating effect of a construct with is a continuous variable.

I have three constructs V, S, and L in my model and the paths are V->S->L. V influence S and S influence L. I would like to test the moderating effect (M) between V and S, and S and L, simultaneous. Could you please help me how to code this in Mplus? Thank you very much.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 3:42 pm
See the MOD description on page 765 in the UG. In the Model Indirect command, you say using your variable names:

L MOD S M(low, high, incr) SM VM V;

where low and high give the range of the moderator M, SM is S*M, and VM is V*M. The 2 interactions are created in Define. The outcome L can be latent but the other variables need to be observed. If the others are latent, you can express the effects using Model Constraint in line with our RMA book.
 Lena Jeong posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 10:11 pm
Thank you Prof. Muthen for your response. Yes, All others are latent (V,S,L and M), how can I express the effect using Model constraint? Is there any specific guideline or page I can find in the book? Thank you.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 6:10 pm
See Section 2.6.1 on pages 91 - 93 in the RMA book (3rd printing).
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: