Mplus Version 7.4 vs 8.2 PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Nitya Chawla posted on Monday, December 10, 2018 - 9:32 am
Hello!

I recently upgraded to Mplus version 8.2. When running the exact same syntax I had previously used in version 7.4, I noticed some differences in the output between versions 7.4 and 8.2 First, the mean of my L2 variable was different (from -.018 to .00). Also, I'm now getting the two following types of errors which weren't appearing before:

*** WARNING in MODEL command
In the MODEL command, the predictor variable on the WITHIN level refers to the whole
observed variable in the statement: GDEP | PMDEP ON AMGUILT
To use the latent within-level part, use ESTIMATOR=BAYES in the ANALYSIS command.

*** WARNING
One or more individual-level variables have no variation within a
cluster for the following clusters.

As a note, I'm running a multilevel model (TYPE=TWOLEVEL RANDOM & ESTIMATOR = MLR) with repeated observations nested within individuals. I also have a between-individual moderator at Level 2.

With respect to the coefficients themselves, there are barely any differences--only two coefficients are slightly different at the third decimal point.

I'm assuming that there were changes between the versions that is leading to this, but I just want to double-check that everything is OK. Thank you so much!
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Monday, December 10, 2018 - 5:05 pm
Version 8.2 has more detailed messages to inform the user. The results are the same as before. If you see estimate differences, check that the loglikelihood is the same.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: