Problem involving parameter PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Carlos posted on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 9:18 am
How do I identify in my output the parameter that has a problem? i.e.
THE STANDARD ERRORS OF THE MODEL PARAMETER ESTIMATES COULD NOT BE COMPUTED. THE MODEL MAY NOT BE IDENTIFIED. CHECK YOUR MODEL.
PROBLEM INVOLVING PARAMETER 310. Is there a sequence, so that I should go through the output, starting with loadings first, then structural parameters, correlated errors, variances, etc until I reach this number?
Thanks
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 1:16 pm
If you ask for TECH1 in the OUTPUT command, you will see what parameter corresponds to the number 310.
 carlos posted on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 4:34 pm
Thanks!
 Anonymous posted on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 5:15 am
I'm doing a multiple group SEM and I want all parameters in my model to be free and not equal across my two groups. Is there a simple command for that?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 8:02 am
If you have two groups, you need to mention the parameters that you want to free in one of the group-specific MODEL commands. You can copy these statement from the overall MODEL command.
 Kris Anderson posted on Friday, September 25, 2009 - 9:49 pm
I have an indicator in my measurement model that is behaving very strangely. There is an outlandishly high covariance with the other indicators and TECH 1 indicates a very high start value for that parameter. I have examined the variable and cannot find any coding issues or univariate distribution issues with it. I even cheated and tried to use it as the fixed parameter but that didn't work either. Any suggestions as to another set of diagnostics for it?
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Saturday, September 26, 2009 - 2:25 pm
Is the "high covariance" a sample covariance or a model-estimated covariance? If the latter, what are the model-estimated parameters that create this covariance?
 Kris Anderson posted on Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - 10:48 am
Sorry, a bit of delay in getting back re: my earlier post of 9/25/09. The estimated covariance between indicators under estimated sample statistics is very high (eg., over 272).
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - 10:02 am
If this is not what you expect, you must be reading your data incorrectly. For further help, please send your input, data, output, and license number to support@statmodel.com.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: