MonteCarlo Storing Analysis Results PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Richard E. Zinbarg posted on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 9:29 pm
Hi Linda,
I am trying to run a MonteCarlo and want to use the Results = option for saving the results from each replication but am running into some problems. First, Results = doesn't seem to create a file at all if I also am using the Repsave = All; and Save = options to save the individual data sets. Is this how these options are supposed to work or does it sound like I am doing something wrong? Second, when I delete the Repsave and Save commands, Results = does produce a file but I have no idea what its contents contain. Any insight you can provide about what results exactly are being saved in the file produced by Results = would be most welcome.
Thanks in advance!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 5:51 am
You should be able to save both results and data sets. Please send the output and your license number to support@statmodel.com. The contents of the results file are shown at the end of the output.
 Richard E. Zinbarg posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 8:01 am
thanks for the speedy reply as always Linda! Re: my second question, yes now I see that, when I have deleted the Repsave and Save commands and an output file was created, the contents of the results file are shown at the end of the output. I will send my license # and one of my outputs from a run in which I have the Repsave and Save option in addition to the Results = option and no results were saved.
 Aakash Bajaj posted on Monday, October 14, 2019 - 11:28 pm
I am performing a monte carlo simulation for GMM. I saved the results from each of the iterations using the "RESULTS" option in the MONTECARLO Procedure.

I am trying to export the results saved from each iteration of the monte carlo simulation into Excel.

Is there any function or utility available which can help in the exporting ?
 Tihomir Asparouhov posted on Wednesday, October 16, 2019 - 8:15 am
Here is what I do. Open the results file - copy all the data. Open excel - paste. Click "Data" then "Text to Columns". Then go back to the output file to make sure you understand the order of the results numbers. Typically the parameters come first, then the SE, then on a separate row start all the fit indices.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: