Count outcomes with non-integers PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Jennifer Yahner posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 10:25 am
Hi,

I'm trying to estimate a negative binomial model where my count variable has non-integers in it (0.3, 0.7, etc), but I keep getting the error below:

There is at least one observation in the data set where a count variable has negative or non-integer value. Please check your data and format statement.

Is this estimation not possible?

-Jennifer
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 11:47 am
Count variables are integer values starting at zero.
 Markus Martini posted on Monday, August 12, 2013 - 7:36 am
Im trying to estimate a linear growth model for errors in a learning task. Errors are count variables, right?. When I try to estimate the model I get the warning: There is at least one observation in the data set where a count variable has negative or non-integer value. Please check your data and format statement.
When checking my datas I find no negative or non-integer values (range 0 - 0.24). Missings are defined (-999). Is there something I fail to notice?
Thank you very much!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, August 12, 2013 - 9:48 am
You may have blanks in your data set and are reading it as free format causing the data reading to be off. Blanks are not allowed with free format data. Or you may have more names on the NAMES list than columns in your data set also causing the data to be read incorrectly. If you can't figure this out, please send the files and your license number to support@statmodel.com.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: