Weighted Root Mean Square Residual PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Anonymous posted on Monday, October 03, 2005 - 3:38 pm
This is my first foray into the WRMSR. What would be a standard for a good WRMSR? My model produced one that is 3.19. Intuiatively, this is very high to me. How could I judge and are there any citations that I can refer too?
 bmuthen posted on Saturday, October 08, 2005 - 2:02 pm
See the Yu dissertation that is available on the Mplus web site. A value less than 1 is generally good, but note that WMRMR has been found to not work well for growth models and multiple-group models.
 Andrea Vocino posted on Friday, April 04, 2008 - 12:58 pm
How does WMRMR work with MIMIC models where the exogenous varaibels are either metric or dummy coded? Overall my model seems to congerge ok (Note: N>4K)

Value 485.324*
Degrees of Freedom 39
P-Value 0.0000
Scaling Correction Factor 1.256
for MLM

CFI 0.975
TLI 0.967
RMSEA 0.053
SRMR 0.024
WMRMR 1.924

The only problem seems to be WMRMR
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Friday, April 04, 2008 - 3:04 pm
I would not worry about WMRMR. It is not a well-studied fit statistic and has not behaved as well as expected.
 Owis Eilayyan posted on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 10:26 am
Hello,

I have run a path model. I had these fit statistics values:
RMSEA: 0.02
CFI: 0.999
WRMR (Weighted Root Mean Square Residual): 0.3

My question is what is the difference between (Weighted Root Mean Square Residual) and (Standardized Root Mean Square Residual (SRMR))? and how can I get SRMR in my output?

Thank you,
Owis
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 11:26 am
SRMR is not available for WLSMV if the model has thresholds or covariates. The default is to include thresholds in the model. If you do not have covariates, you can use MODEL = NOMEANSTRUCTURE; in the ANALYSIS command.
 Owis Eilayyan posted on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 12:27 pm
Thank you for the reply.

I already used MODEL = NOMEANSTRUCTURE in my input.
If I dont misunderstand you, SRMR is not available for WLSMV if the model has categorical outcomes!

Thank you,
Owis
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 6:24 pm
If you use MODEL = NOMEANSTRUCTURE and have no covariates, you should get SRMR. If you don't, send the output and your license number to support@statmodel.com.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: