Cross-classified model PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Multilevel Data/Complex Sample >
Message/Author
 Xinwen Bai posted on Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 7:07 pm
Hello. I know that as a new feature of Mplus 7, cross-classified model can handle the top-down effects, which are demostrated in Ex9.24 and Ex9.25. More specifically, cross-classified model reveals the effects of predictors at level-2a and level-2b on intecept and/or slople at level-1.

However, what I would like to examine is the effects of predictors at level-2a and/or level-2b on outcome variables at level-1 dependent variables as well as their effects on corresponding DVs at level-2a and/or Level-2b.

My question is whether it's possible to incorporate outcome varaibles at level-2a or level-2b at the same cross-classified model. Thanks.

Xinwen
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Friday, December 14, 2012 - 12:36 pm
I think you can do what you want. See the bottom of page 571 and page 572 of the user's guide for a description of the BETWEEN option for cross-classified.
 Anonymous posted on Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 1:20 pm
Dear Professors Muthén, I'd like to compute the cluster means for a L1 variable in a CROSSCLASSIFIED model: for the clusters on level 2a AND for the clusters on level 2b.

I understand that for a simple TWOLEVEL model, one would use "clusmean = CLUSTER_MEAN (x);", but how can I use it for two different cluster variables?

Thank you very much in advance!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 3:41 pm
That option is available only for TWOLEVEL.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: