Multilevel moderation PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Multilevel Data/Complex Sample >
Message/Author
 Ewelina Lacka posted on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 8:42 am
Is it possible to test the moderating effect of M (M is a moderators which is subject to influence of N) on the path from X (independent variable) to Y (dependent variable). I think this will be a multilevel moderation on path from X to Y. (X-->Y is moderated by N-->M). Can you please guide me through the process?
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 4:45 pm
I don't understand your model. What role exactly does N play? What does "X-->Y is moderated by N-->M" mean? Why do you say it is multilevel?

Please write out the full model in some way.
 Ewelina Lacka posted on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 6:54 am
HI, I am sorry I did not explain it well. You can see the visual representation of my model following the link http://postimg.org/image/g0ex0qvtr/. The model has 3 IVs (lets say A, B and C) and 1 DV (Z). The paths between IVs and DV is moderated my M and P. Moderator M is further influenced by N (e.g. M can represent 'trust' and N is 'trust determinant').
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 6:30 pm
With a continuous moderator such as your M, you create interaction variables (products) in Define. So for instance

am = a*m;

Apart from that you simply say

Z on a-c am .... ;

M on n;
 Ewelina Lacka posted on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 8:42 am
I used the DEFINE command but I have an error message 'undefined variable used in transformation'
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 8:48 am
Please send the output and your license number to support@statmodel.com.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: