Type = complex with multiple imputations PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Multilevel Data/Complex Sample >
Message/Author
 Alfgeir L. Kristjansson posted on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 11:53 am
Dear Dr. Muthen,
I am using version 8.0 with both add-ons, and am attempting to run a cross-lagged model with clustered data using type=complex, estimator= wlsmv, and imputations for missing data. My colleague was able to run this model on a Mac but for some reason I keep getting this error message:

*** ERROR in ANALYSIS command
TYPE=COMPLEX is not currently available with multiple imputation with the
DATA IMPUTATION command.

Do you have any idea what is causing this?
Thank you.
 Tihomir Asparouhov posted on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 3:18 pm
It is is caused by the fact that you are trying to do the imputation and the estimation in one step - which is not available for type=complex. Also Mplus can't do it in one step because it doesn't know how to use the clustering - it would require to specify a two level model. The proper way to accomplish this is in two steps.

Step 1. Multilevel data imputation: for example take User's guide example 11.8. If you don't want to specify an imputation model you can run instead an H1 imputation as follows: remove the model statement and use this
ANALYSIS: TYPE = TWOLEVEL BASIC;
ESTIMATOR = ml;

Step 2. Analyze the data - see user's guide example 12.6 STEP 2 (but replace type=montecarlo with type=imputation)
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: