%WITHIN%
iw sw | Dx1@0 Dx2@1 Dx3@2 Dx4@3 Dx5@4 Dx6@5 Dx7@6 Dx8@7 Dx9@8 Dx10@9 Dx11@10;
iw sw on MAlc EithAlc age1-age11;

%BETWEEN%
ib sb | Dx1@0 Dx2@1 Dx3@2 Dx4@3 Dx5@4 Dx6@5 Dx7@6 Dx8@7 Dx9@8 Dx10@9 Dx11@10;
ib sb on Risk;

OUTPUT: TECH1 TECH8;

*** WARNING
Input line exceeded 80 characters. Some input may be truncated.

iw sw | Dx1@0 Dx2@1 Dx3@2 Dx4@3 Dx5@4 Dx6@5 Dx7@6 Dx8@7 Dx9@8 Dx10@9

*** WARNING
Input line exceeded 80 characters. Some input may be truncated.
ib sb | Dx1@0 Dx2@1 Dx3@2 Dx4@3 Dx5@4 Dx6@5 Dx7@6 Dx8@7 Dx9@8 Dx10@9

*** ERROR
The number of observations is 0. Check your data and format statement.
Data file: data.txt

*** ERROR
Invalid symbol in data file:
"1101X2" at record #: 1, field #: 2
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 11:25 am
1101X2 must appear in your data set on record 1 field 2. Data must be numeric in Mplus. So this would be an invalid data entry. Note that the input file length should not exceed 80 columns. These are support questions. If you have further problems of this kind, please send your input, data, output, and license number to support@statmodel.com.
 Michelle McNamara posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 2:12 pm
Hi,
I am trying to run analyses using a SAS dataset I imported to MPLUS. I am indicating a file path to this valid dataset, but every time I try to run MPLUS I receive an error message telling me that my dataset contains 0 observations. I have tried re-exporting the SAS dataset into MPLUS, but I still get the same error message. I can use this exact same dataset in other sets of analyses (i.e. I receive no error message using the same data statement in logistic regression programs), but for some reason this regression will not run. Is this a support question?
Thanks for your time,
Michelle
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 3:47 pm
I can speculate that perhaps after listwise deletion on the set of analysis variables, there are no observations left. If that is not the case, please send your input, data, output, and license number to support@statmodel.com.
 Thais Rogatko posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 10:34 am
Hi, I am trying to run a two-level model with Subjective Well-being as the dependent variable on both the country level and individual level. However, I got the following message:

Within-level variables cannot be used on the between level

Do I need to create a new variable with mean levels of subejective well-being in each country to be used as my country-level variable?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 1:08 pm
If you don't place the variable on the WITHIN list, you can use it on both levels. Please see pages 463-464 of the user's guide and Examples 9.1 and 9.2 for further information.
 Kimberley Breevaart posted on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 1:12 am
Dear Linda and Bengt,

When I use Mplus to estimate a mediation model using TYPE = complex, I get the following error message:

THE MODEL ESTIMATION TERMINATED NORMALLY

THE STANDARD ERRORS OF THE MODEL PARAMETER ESTIMATES MAY NOT BE
TRUSTWORTHY FOR SOME PARAMETERS DUE TO A NON-POSITIVE DEFINITE
FIRST-ORDER DERIVATIVE PRODUCT MATRIX. THIS MAY BE DUE TO THE STARTING
VALUES BUT MAY ALSO BE AN INDICATION OF MODEL NONIDENTIFICATION. THE
CONDITION NUMBER IS -0.358D-16. PROBLEM INVOLVING PARAMETER 1.

It is not only parameter 1 that is the problem, but also others. I have slightly negative covariances between some variables, I think that is the problem. However, I am not sure how to handle this problem. Would it be okay to fix them at 0?

Thank you very much for you help.

Kind regards, Kim
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 6:29 am
Please send the output and your license number to support@statmodel.com.
 Taejin Hwang posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 3:52 am
Hi, I am designing a two-level mediation model and found this *message from the result.

"*The chi-square value for MLM, MLMV, MLR, ULSMV, WLSM and WLSMV cannot be used for chi-square difference testing in the regular way. MLM, MLR and WLSM chi-square difference testing is described on the Mplus website. MLMV, WLSMV,and ULSMV difference testing is done using the DIFFTEST option."

1. When does this message appear? Does it imply my current data do not fit the assumed model well?

2. Does it imply that i cannot trust model fit indexes such as chi-square value, RMSEA or CFI? or is it simply saying I cannot do chi-square difference testing?

Thank you in advance!!

Sincerely,
TJ Hwang
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 8:15 am
This always appears. It is about difference testing. It has nothing to do with 1 or 2.
 Taejin Hwang posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 6:10 pm
Dear Dr. Muthen,
Thank you for your quick answer!

have a lovely day-
 Juliana Jean Gilles posted on Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 9:48 am
I have saved a filed from SPSS into a .csv file, however MPLUS is having issues reading. I continue to get the following two error messages:

*** ERROR
The number of observations is 0. Check your data and format statement.
Data file: TESTING.csv
*** ERROR
Unrecognized symbol in data file:
symbol at record #: 1, field #: 50
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 12:22 pm
Please send the output, data set, and your license number to support@statmodel.com.
 Aurelie Lange posted on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 4:29 am
Dear dr Muthén,

My input file reads:

count=polsum;
cluster=hvid;
subpopulation=fuaanwezig==1;

DEFINE: polsum = sum(uopol6 uopol12 uopol18);

MODEL:
ial sal qal| all_1@0 all_2@1 all_3@2 all_4@3 all_5@4;
iad sad qad| adh_1@0 adh_2@1 adh_3@2 adh_4@3 adh_5@4;

ial with sal;
iad with sad;
ial with iad;
sal with sad;
sal with iad;
sad with ial;
polsum on ial sal iad sad uopols;
[uopols];

all_1 with adh_1;
all_2 with adh_2;
all_3 with adh_3;
all_4 with adh_4;
all_5 with adh_5;

ANALYSIS:
TYPE = COMPLEX;
miterations = 2000;
integration=montecarlo;

I get a warning concerning a non-zero derivative of the observed-data loglikelihood. I should check my starting values or increase miterations.
Specifying starting values based on previous runs did not help.

Modelling the 2 growth processes independently as predictor for the count variable goes fine. Also, the parallel growth models run fine with dichotomous and continous outcomes.

Do you have any suggestions?

Sincerely
Aurelie
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 6:43 am
Please send the output and your license number to support@statmodel.com.
 DavidBoyda posted on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 9:02 am
Dear Dr Muthen,

I am trying to figure out the bias-adjusted 3-step LCA.

I think I have setup my LCA correctly where I am to save out the data for the mostly likely class N variable. This runs ok and saves out fine.

However, setting up the final step and calling the previous outputted data i get this error:

Invalid symbol in data file:
"*" at record #: 88, field #: 3

I opened up the dat file in the editor to find "*" dotted throughout. Appear to be in places where missing data are (although I have declared missing as -99)

thanks,
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 11:50 am
The missing data flag for saved data is the asterisk. Say

MISSING = *;

in the VARIABLE command. Be sure you are reading the saved data according to the information given at the end of the output where the data are saved.
 Kimberly Hall posted on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 11:35 am
Hello. We’re currently attempting to estimate a two level longitudinal model (data are clustered within person), and are modeling our syntax off of the example provided in Example 9.12 in the Mplus 7.0 manual. However, we are getting error messages indicating that the model estimation did not terminate normally due to an ill-conditioned fisher information matrix and due to a non-positive definite fisher information matrix. It also states that the matrix could not be inverted during the H1 model estimation. Do you have suggestions for correcting these errors? We have successfully estimated the same models using the syntax provided in Example 9.16, but would like to add a quadratic term to the model and were thinking that Example 9.12 was better suited for this next step. Thank you.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 2:22 pm
Please send the output for your run with the messages to Support along with your license number.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: