Latent class odds ratios and confiden... PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 Jen Rose posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 8:34 am
Hi,

I have a 3 class latent class analysis model with categorical observed variables, several categorical covariates and a categorical distal outcome.

When I look at the latent class odds ratios results comparing Class 1 to Class 2, I see that for a couple of my categorical observed variables, the odds ratios are not significant based on the p value. I'm interpreting this as meaning that there are no significant differences in the logits between the two classes for these variables. However, when I look at the 95% confidence intervals for the latent class odds ratio results (using CINTERVAL), the confidence intervals do not cross 1.0, which suggests to me that the difference between the 2 classes is significant.

Can you tell me what might be causing the discrepancy between the p values for the latent class odds ratio results and the corresponding confidence intervals?

Thanks,
Jen
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 11:35 am
The z-scores and confidence interval will agree only for the symmetric confidence interval. If this is not the issue, please send your output and license number to support@statmodel.com.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: