One observation missing in LCA PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 Joris B posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 4:07 am
I am trying to run a latent class analysis but regardless of the amount of classes or variables I keep getting one observation too few in the output.
In the SPSS file and in the dat.file I have 397 observations while my output generates 396 observations.

I have checked all frequencies in SPSS, every variable has -999 in the case of missing values, I have looked at the dat.file for anomalies and adequate space between columns. So far I can’t find the problem.

However, I do have an additional third category added to the last variable in the syntax/output. I have tried taking this variable out but then it creates a third category for the ‘new’ last variable.
When I run frequencies in SPSS it gives no third category (only 2 as intended). I also don't see a third category when I open the dat.file in notepad.

Could you please give me some direction to find the cause of this problem. I have asked around and googled, but nobody seems to have any experience with this.

SUMMARY OF DATA

Number of missing data patterns 45
Number of y missing data patterns 0
Number of u missing data patterns 45
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 6:11 am
You have been answered on support. You must likely have blanks in your data set.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: