No graphs in LCA? PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 Tess Yanisch posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 12:04 pm
Hello. I'm trying to get graphs of estimated means in a latent class analysis. My output says they are not available:

PLOT INFORMATION

The following plots are available:

Histograms of sample values
Scatterplots (sample values)
Sample proportions and estimated probabilities

I do not know why; I've done this approach before with a different dataset and gotten them.

Relevant syntax:

ANALYSIS:
Type= mixture ;
Starts = 100 25;

Plot: type=plot3;
series is V5252 (1)
V5253 (2)
V5254 (3)
V5255 (4)
V5256 (5)
[and so on to 17 items]
;

Thank you!
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 6:25 pm
Perhaps your variables are categorical in which case estimated probabilities are provided instead of estimated means.
 Tess Yanisch posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 8:52 am
Yes, that's it! Thanks.

Is there a way to get a graph with estimated probabilities like the first one shown here? http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/mplus/seminars/IntroMplus/lca.htm

My variables are 1-5 scales of agreement, so while I could arguably treat them as continuous, I would rather not.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 11:53 am
Yes, that's the graph those estimated probabilities show. You can show them for the highest category or sums of some of the highest categories.
 Tess Yanisch posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 12:55 pm
Got it! I was trying to find it through the Scatterplot menus. Thank you very much!
 Tess Yanisch posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 1:07 pm
Another question, sorry. I have an odd thing happening, and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong methodologically or if I'm interpreting the graph incorrectly.

Some of my items are on a 1-5 scale; others are actually 1-6. On the plot of estimated probability for 6, I see some classes with very high probabilities on items where 6 is not actually an option. In fact, the estimated probabilities on these items are higher than for some of the items where it is! Am I misunderstanding what "category 6" is?
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 5:05 pm
Please send the output and gh5 files to Support along with your license number so we can look at what you are seeing.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: