Latent Change Score standardization PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 Catherine Walsh posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 3:52 pm
Hello,

The model I am working on is a bivariate latent difference score model in which the difference between two time points in latent variable G (Gdiff) is regressed on the difference between two time points in latent variable D (Ddiff). Both variables' latent differences are formulated in the typical way -- i.e., by constraining the paths between the two time points to 1 and defining a difference (here Ddiff and Gdiff) as the disturbance in the corresponding variable (here D and G) at the second time point. I will call the regression of Gdiff on Ddiff "GonD."

My question is: given how the difference variables are defined, is it better-advised to interpret the unstandardized value of GonD, or the standardized value of GonD in the STDYX output? The unstandardized and standardized values of GonD are different, but given that STDYX standardizes the observed variables, it's unclear how this affects the value of GonD.

Thanks so much!
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 6:05 pm
This question is suitable for SEMNET.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: