3-step Latent Class Regression issue PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 Kriti J posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 10:34 am
I am encountering the following error when performing Step 3 of a latent class regression analysis:

*** ERROR
Invalid symbol in data file:
"8130.000104045.000129000.000" at record #: 17, field #: 31

I reviewed the input dataset, and this invalid symbol is indeed at field #31 and record #17. However, this input dataset is one generated during Step 1 of my latent class regression.

The dataset used in Step 1 does not contain this invalid symbol.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? Is it possible that it was introduced between Step 1 and Step 3? And if so, how can I address this issue?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 5:34 pm
I believe that you are reading your data free format but it seems to be fixed format. The are no delimiters between the variables.

When you generate data in step 1, you must read it according to the information shown at the end of the step 1 output.
 Kriti J posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 5:58 am
Dear Linda - Thank you for your response!

When you say "read it..."", I assume you mean during Step 3 where data are imported?

When you say "information shown at the end of step 1 output", do you mean the names and order of the variables? Or is there additional information that should be reflected in Step 3 where the data are imported?

I am happy to send my files over if it would be helpful.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 1:14 pm
If your questions have not been answered by support, send the files there.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: