Standardized residuals in LPA PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
 Kate Gliske posted on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 11:11 am
Dear Dr. Muthen,

I need standardized residuals for my continuous latent profile indicators. The residuals I get with the output=residual command seem to be unstandardized. Is there a command to get the standardized figures with continuous indicators?

Tihomir Asparouhov posted on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 10:31 am
You can use tech7 to get sample quantities for each class and model constraints to manually write particular quantities (along the lines of As an alternative to tech7 quantities one can use the LPA model with unconstrained variance covariance in each class (that will give you SE).

Also using a command like this "define: standardize y1-y4;" will remove unwanted varying scales among the class indicators.
 Ann-Renee Blais posted on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 6:29 pm

I'm trying to run a LPA with 5 indicators (mean scores). The scores all vary between 1-5, except for one that ranges between 1-4. Should I standardize my indicators to remove the varying scales?

Assuming I have to keep the raw scores, what is the best way of graphing my data or interpreting the various profiles given the varying scales?

Bengt O. Muthen posted on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 4:06 pm
Don't standardize. Use the Estimated mean option in the plot menu.
Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message