LRT tests with predefined classes PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 Jeffrey DeVries posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2019 - 7:26 am
Hi,

I'm working with a growth mixture model and I'm comparing a 2 and 3 class model. Each class represents a different curve shape (linear, log, sinusoidal).

The 3 class model includes both curves from the 2-class (lin and log) plus the sinusoidal curve as the third class.

There are LRT results available in the tech11 output. If classes were created without a predefined curve, these results would be readily interpretable for model selection, but since I have predefined curves for each class, what exactly is used as the k-1 mdoel in the LRTs? Is it actually the same model with the last class removed (so just lin and log), or is it something else?
 Tihomir Asparouhov posted on Thursday, June 20, 2019 - 1:22 am
It is actually with the first class removed and as you noted indeed this is important in this situation and you may need to reorder the classes to obtained the test you want. BIC comparison could be used as well.
 Tihomir Asparouhov posted on Thursday, June 20, 2019 - 1:25 am
You can verify this by comparing the log-likelihood value of the k-1 class reported in tech11 against the k-1 model estimation results from the 2-class run.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: