LPA with Ipsative Data/Log Ratios PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 George Saunders posted on Friday, September 18, 2020 - 1:26 am
Hello, I have a two part question:

(a) Can Latent Profile Analysis in Mplus handle ipsative data where the predictors/indicators in each observation/row sum to a constant(1)? Each indicator is a proportion/percentage to be exact. If so, do I do anything different in specifying the LPA model other than transforming before I run test models with varying number of classes?

(b)If my LPA indicators are in log ratio form, will LPA handle this? Are there any limitations with this approach in Mplus? This was suggested by a colleague, but I wanted to confirm here.
 Tihomir Asparouhov posted on Monday, September 21, 2020 - 9:45 am
(a) I would recommend that you don't use one of the variables, say the last proportion which doesn't have any or bring any additional information.

(b) This is the preferred model. Any linear regression would directly translate into multinomial logistic regression result. Also using LPA directly on the proportions is an inconsistent model because the model would imply that negative proportions are possible.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: