Auxiliary (e) PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 Sue Lee posted on Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 2:37 pm
Dear Drs. Muthen,

Could you point to me resources that explain how the auxiliary (e) command tests the difference in the means across latent classes by a covariate? Explanation in the Mplus user guide stating that it is using the posterior probability-based multiple imputations was not sufficient for me.

Thank you.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 2:56 pm
There is a technical appendix on the website that covers this. It is called:

Equality Test of Means Across Latent Classes Using Wald Chi-Square Based on Draws From Posterior Probabilities
 Sue Lee posted on Friday, March 09, 2012 - 8:06 am
Thank you very much, Dr. Muthen!
 Sue Lee posted on Monday, April 09, 2012 - 12:28 pm
Dear Drs. Muthen,

If the predictor of interest is a categorical variable such as race, what is the interpretation of the probability of the covariate given class membership?

I am trying to use this command to test if I need to stratify the LCA model by race. Would it be an appropriate use of an auxiliary(e) command?

Thank you.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 1:51 pm
It is the proportion in each class of the race equal to one in the dummy variable.

The AUXILIARY command is used for screening purposes.
 Sue Lee posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 8:39 am
Thank you, Dr. Muthen. Do you suggest a way to test if the LCA model needs to be stratified by race? I can use the theory and the fact that conditional probabilities of indicators seem to differ substantially in a certain class, but I would like to know if there are ways to back it up statistically.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 3:51 pm
You can look at the direct effects of the latent class indicators regressed on race and allow them to vary across classes. You cannot look at all of them at the same time because this would not be identified.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: