Competing Risk Model PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Growth Modeling of Longitudinal Data >
Message/Author
 Brian Rickard posted on Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 6:01 pm
I'm looking to run a competing risk discrete-time survival model with college retention data (with 0=dropout, 1=retained, 2=graduated for each semester) In Asparouhov, Muthen & Muthen 2006 it briefly mentions that a competing risk model is possible in MPLUS but I'm having trouble finding any examples and am unsure how the coding would differ from a traditional discrete-time survival analysis. Any help would be very appreciated!
 Tihomir Asparouhov posted on Friday, April 26, 2013 - 8:55 am
You have to analyze each event variable separately while treating the other events as censoring. See for example

http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-1-4419-6646-9_9
 Brian Rickard posted on Friday, April 26, 2013 - 12:46 pm
Ah, I see. I'll give that a shot, thanks for the help!
 Borja Del Pozo Cruz posted on Thursday, February 13, 2020 - 9:47 pm
Hi there, I am looking at mortality risk from sitting time. I have done all-cause mortality. I want to model specific cause mortality risk. Can MPlus handle these models? From the above seems possible although I am not sure the best option is to model each cause of mortality separately and treat other causes of mortality as censored. Is that the best way of doing this in MPLUS? Thanks! Borja
 Tihomir Asparouhov posted on Friday, February 14, 2020 - 9:27 am
I think that is the way to go.
 Borja Del Pozo Cruz posted on Friday, February 14, 2020 - 9:49 pm
Thanks, Tihomir.
You are being of great help with all my survival analyses questions. I appreciate it that.
Borja
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: