Modeling Outcomes of Change PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Growth Modeling of Longitudinal Data >
Message/Author
 B Chenoworth posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 2:00 am
I have estimated a linear latent growth curve model across three time points. I am interested in looking at whether the intercept and slope factors predict an outcome? I can't find any reference papers that may be able to guide me on estimating such a model. Typically I see only models that look at predictors of the i and s, rather than the i and s being the predictors. Could you please point me in the direction of where I may be able to find further information on this.

This is what I have so far:
i s | y1@0 y2@1 y3@2;
i s ON x1 x2;
u ON x1 x2 i s;

Where y is the repeatedly measured outcome variable, x1 and x2 are covariates, and u is the outcome variable I am interested in predicting.

I would like to look at the unique effect of the i and s in predicting u above and beyond the effect of the covariates of x1 and x2.

Thank you in advance for you help.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 8:41 am
Please see

Muthén, B., Khoo, S.T., Francis, D. & Kim Boscardin, C. (2003). Analysis of reading skills development from Kindergarten through first grade: An application of growth mixture modeling to sequential processes. Multilevel Modeling: Methodological Advances, Issues, and Applications. S.R. Reise & N. Duan (Eds). Mahaw, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, pp.71-89.

which is available on our website.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: