Fscoefficients in latent growth models PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Growth Modeling of Longitudinal Data >
Message/Author
 Adam Darnell posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 9:09 am
Hello, I am a new user of Mplus and have a question about the fscoefficients that can be saved for an LGM:

1) I have read that these are EB estimates, is that correct?

2) Regarding the EB estimates, these estimates for intercepts and slopes should be somewhat different from intercepts and slopes for each case from case-by-case regression analyses, because they account for the overall intercept and slope for the sample of cases?

3) When viewing graphs of individual trajectories from a latent growth model, are the datapoints in the plot of "estimated individual values" based on the EB intercept and slope parameters? And in the "observed individual values" plot, when selecting the "individually-fitted curve" option, are those the equivalent of case-by-case regression lines? I've seen discrepancies in these two plots for the same case so I am wondering why.

Thanks in advance for your help!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 2:48 pm
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes. Yes. Because one is observed values from the data and the other is estimated values from the model
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: