Growth model combined with formative ... PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Growth Modeling of Longitudinal Data >
Message/Author
 Carlos Fernando Collares posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 5:50 pm
I have two tests applied concurrently to students in a longitudinal manner (3 occasions): one is theoretical and one is practical.

The theoretical and practical tests use the same items in all occasions. The theoretical test has 10 dichotomous items and the practical test has only 1 dichotomous item. These given conditions unfortunately cannot be changed.

I would like to assess how growth in theoretical knowledge impacts practical performance.

I have tried several models that terminated normally and quickly but I am not sure whether any of those attempts was an adequate strategy to achieve my objective.

Could anyone provide further insight?

Thanks,

Carlos
 Carlos Fernando Collares posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 6:27 pm
It just occurred to me that if theoretical knowledge is an indicator of the practical activity, I could just include it as one of the reflective indicators (just as the other theoretical items).
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 12:37 pm
Why don't you at each time point specify a factor measured by the 10 theoretical tests and at each time point let that predict the practical test item? So with 3 occasions you have 33 columns in your data, 11 per time point.

Please restrict your postings to one window.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: