Integration Points PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Growth Modeling of Longitudinal Data >
Message/Author
 Steve Weissman posted on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 7:04 am
Hello,

I have been running a set of grwoth curve analyses including interactions between latent variables and observed variables, using the Algorithm=Integration command. In one particular set of analyses, the models frequently will not converge. However, when I specify a much greater number of integration points than the default 15, at some point the models will converge.

My question is, what exactly am I doing when I specify more integration points? Is this generally considered a valid method of obtaining convergence? Do more points cause the output to be more suspect in any way? I noticed that some of the output may change slightly with a different # of intergration points.

Thanks!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 9:42 am
You are increasing precision when you add more integration points so this is not a bad thing. Your model may be difficult to estimate and therefore need more integration points. There is a brief description of numerical integration in the user's guide.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: