Plots in GMM with categorical outcome PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Growth Modeling of Longitudinal Data >
Message/Author
 Corinna posted on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 9:16 am
Dear Linda & Bengt,
I've got a four category outcome variable and want to plot the trajectories of this variable across four time points. I think I have to use the command "estimated probabilities". Here, I only get the trajectories for one category each. However, I would like to have like the "mean" trajectory of a class across all categories. If I use the command "sum of probabilities" I do not get a useful result. Can you tell me how I can plot the "mean probability" across all categories and time points? Is that somehow possible? Thank you very much
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 3:20 pm
I assume you are considering an ordinal outcome and not a nominal one. That is, you have it on the Categorical= list. For that case, I haven't seen the use of a mean probability and therefore we haven't included such an option.
 Corinna posted on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 2:01 am
Yes, I have a categorical outcome (4 categories). I understand your point but is there any possibility to present the probability of a class across all categories and not for each category separately? (as it is in the command "estimated probabilities"?)E.G. through Excel or another program?
And another question: When I include the predictors in the model the option "estimated probabilites" for the plots is not available anymore. As I read in this forum, this might be due to the necessity of "numerical integration". Is there any way that I can still view the plots? Thank you very much for your help
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 9:52 am
Q1. I don't recommend going that way. You will get critique from reviewers. Instead, consider a meaningful set of outcome categories and plot the sum of their probabilities, which is an option we offer.

Q2. Try the "Adjusted..." plot option.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: