dear all, I would like to ask you two questions about np-GMM(quadratic np-GMM Zip), namely:
1. I would like to test the model fit of my np-GMMs by means of the BLRT, as already shown in Kreuter & Muthen (2007). I use TECH14, but in the output I am told that a BLRT is not possible for models with more than 1 categorical latent class. How have you managed? What can i do?
2. how can I specify, within the same model, a different number of np-classes for each sub-class (e.g. a sub-class with 2 and a sub-class with 3 np-classes)?
1. BLRT is only for models with a single latent class variable. It was used in the paper for regular GMM, not np-GMM. I would rely on BIC instead.
2. I think that type of input is shown in
Kreuter, F. & Muthen, B. (2007). Longitudinal modeling of population heterogeneity: Methodological challenges to the analysis of empirically derived criminal trajectory profiles. Forthcoming in Hancock, G. R., & Samuelsen, K. M. (Eds.). (2007). Advances in latent variable mixture models. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing, Inc.
which is on our web site. Otherwise, I can send input.
2. in the article you cieted the imput is reported. However, it is not explained how you can specify a different number of np-classes for each sub-classes. (i.e. 2 np-classes for the first sub-class, and 3 np-cl for the second sub-cl). This is done in
Kreuter, F. & Muthen, B. (2007). Analyzing criminal trajectory profiles: Bridging multilevel and group-based approaches using growth mixture modeling. Conditionally accepted for publication in Journal of Quantitative Criminology.
but the imput is not shown. Could you please send me the imput?