Semi-continous growth curve modeling ... PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Growth Modeling of Longitudinal Data >
Message/Author
 Morgan Peele posted on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 7:50 am
Hello! I am a student and new to Mplus so I sincerely apologize if I'm not making sense.

I have 3 waves of longitudinal data spaced 2-years apart. My outcome is a continuous variable of the number of functional limitations for each respondent.

I was originally using DATA TWOPART to examine trajectories over time. However, now my advisor is asking me to do age trajectories (my respondents are between 50 and 85 years old). I have tried creating variables: age1 age2 age3 for the age of each respondent during each wave. However, looking through the Mplus documentation I'm wondering if I should be doing a cohort analysis?

Thank you for your help!
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 10:35 am
It sounds like your time variable should be age rather than measurement occasion (1, 2, 3). Check our short course video and handout for Topic 3, slides 128 - on our website describing Tscores (corresponding to your age1, age2, age3 variables). Multiple cohorts can be useful if you have only a few different ages (or age grps) at the starting point.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: