Starting values and onset variables PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Growth Modeling of Longitudinal Data >
Message/Author
 Felix Anker Klein posted on Monday, April 30, 2018 - 4:44 am
Dear Mplus.

I have longitudinal data of employees' attitudes, and I wish to run a latent class growth analysis on different types development curves, which I have managed.

However, I have a few onset variables which represent an event that employees' experience, and I wish each employee's attitude trajectory to start when this variable has the value 1. This onset variable goes from 0-10. For some it stops earlier, depending on how far out in the trajectory they experience the event. Thus, an employee who experiences a change event at time 3, will have the value 1 there, and then end at 7.

Is this possible in Mplus? Which example can I read for understanding how to prepare the syntax?

Best regards
Felix
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Monday, April 30, 2018 - 6:07 pm
Perhaps you can simply use time score = 0 at the time the employee has the onset value 1.
 Felix Anker Klein posted on Thursday, May 03, 2018 - 1:33 am
Hi Bengt.

Thank you for your reply on this. I discussed it also with a colleague, and we think this may be the best way to go on about it.

I was also told to then "move" data with the LOOP command. Could you refer to any examples with syntax on how I use the loop command in Mplus?

Best regards
Felix
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Thursday, May 03, 2018 - 4:26 pm
See the Mediation page on our website or the beginning of the Topic 11 Short course video and handout.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: