Missing data in growth curve modeling PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Growth Modeling of Longitudinal Data >
Message/Author
 Xiaowan Zhang posted on Friday, August 24, 2018 - 1:38 pm
I am investigating the proficiency developmental pattern for 2000 students by analyzing their test data. Over the three years, a speaking test and a survey were administered to those students 3 times. However, only 10% of the students took all 3. Most of them only participated in the study once. For those who had the data of two years, around a half of them had the data of the first and the last time of measurement. My question is how I can add time-varying predictors given the large amount of missing data. Around 2000 students had at least one test score (DV), but due to the high attrition rate, the number of observations dropped to 31 after I added time-varying variables. Is there a way to trick Mplus to include all the observations?
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Friday, August 24, 2018 - 5:41 pm
For subjects who have missing on y at the same time point as they have missing on x, you can change the missing data flag for x to another value. This means that those subjects won't be deleted from the analysis due to missing on x and at the same time they don't contribute to the estimation for parameters at that time point; this is what you want.
 Xiaowan Zhang posted on Friday, August 24, 2018 - 8:26 pm
Thank you for your prompt reply, Dr. Muthen. Could you point me to a place where I can find the Mplus codes to do that?
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 2:47 pm
Growth modeling with time-varying covariates is shown in UG ex 6.10.

The treatment of the covariates is merely a matter of you scoring them differently - you can use the Define command or do it outside Mplus.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: