No Variance in Growth Rate PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Growth Modeling of Longitudinal Data >
Message/Author
 Junseok Song posted on Friday, July 31, 2020 - 2:57 pm
Hello, Dr. Muthen. I hope you're staying safe.

I'm running several ten-wave longitudinal linear growth models for continuous outcomes based on a relatively simple model like the following:

model: hpcwi hpcws | hpcw1@0 hpcw2@1 hpcw3@2 hpcw4@3 hpcw5@4 hpcw6@5 hpcw7@6 hpcw8@7 hpcw9@8 hpcw10@9;.

I have multiple models using variables other than the one mentioned above, but it's weird because for ALL of the variables I have (which have different growth trends), the variance in growth rate are ALL statistically significant with a coefficient of 0.002 or less which to me sounds like there is no variance in growth rate from the 260 samples I have.

All variables are out of a Likert-5 scale, the fit of the models are okay, and I ran multiple confirmatory factor analysis and measurement invariance analysis and it all worked out. Could non-linearity be the potential cause of it? If the result is correct, how should I interpret the result?

Thanks!
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Sunday, August 02, 2020 - 4:40 pm
We need to see your full output to diagnose this - send to Support along with your license number.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: