P-values standardised vs unstandardised? PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Growth Modeling of Longitudinal Data >
Message/Author
 Fredrik Falkenström posted on Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 12:27 pm
Hello, I wonder how come the p-values for standardised and unstandardised coefficients are sometimes so large? This only seems to happen in SEM, in regression models standardised and unstandardised effects seem to get the same p-values. Or is it something about how Mplus calculated these coefficients?

Best,

Fredrik Falkenström
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 4:21 pm
Do you mean that there are large p-value differences between raw and standardized - or that the p-values are large?
 Fredrik Falkenström posted on Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 11:24 pm
Sorry, I was unclear. The difference in p-values between raw and standardised coefficients is large. In this case, the p-value for the unstandardised coefficient is .28 and for the same path but standardised coefficient p = .09. I see this now and then, although most of the time standardised and unstandardised coefficients have fairly similar p-values. Incidentally, in DSEM, p-values for standardised and unstandardised coefficients seem to be identical?
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Sunday, September 27, 2020 - 3:47 pm
See the FAQ on our website: Standardized coefficient can have different significance than unstandardized
 Fredrik Falkenström posted on Monday, September 28, 2020 - 6:16 am
Great, thanks!
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: