Ecological Momentary Assessment PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Growth Modeling of Longitudinal Data >
Message/Author
 Johnny Wu posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 2:46 pm
Hi Dr Muthen,

I am planning on exploring novel methods of modeling EMA data. Most people just use HLM, or aggregate data across time points to create index scores.

However, I think there’s room to attempt state-trait, LGM, hazard models, and other types of models that have traditionally been used in longitudinal surveys with larger intervals.

That said, what would be some good approaches that MPLUS can handle?

Or perhaps you can refer me to a good paper that discusses this issue?

Thank you very much,

johnnywu
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 3:35 pm
I am not familiar with EMA (Ecological Momentary Assessment). You can see the range of Mplus modeling by looking through the User's Guide examples; the UG is on the web. If you send me a pdf of a key paper on EMA I might find time to look at it and have more to say.
 Michael S. Businelle, Ph.D. posted on Monday, June 27, 2011 - 8:08 am
Hello. I have a three level model (observations nested in days nested in individual). Observations were collected 4 to 10 times per day (for 7 days) and time of collection within each day varies between individuals. I would like to determine if a time varying covariate predicts observation values.

I have two questions.
1) Can Mplus handle this type of intensive data?
2) If so, do you know where I can get guidance on coding and setting up this type of analysis (papers, book chapters)?
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Monday, June 27, 2011 - 5:50 pm
If you want a variance contribution estimated for days, you have a 3-level model which Mplus doesn't do currently do.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: