Cross-domain versus parallel processe... PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Growth Modeling of Longitudinal Data >
Message/Author
 Madeline Elster posted on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 7:59 pm
I am currently working on a model with four time points in which there are two latent variables. In the model, the intercept of variable 1 is predicting the intercept of variable 2, and the slope/change of variable 1 is predicting the slope/change of variable 2. However, I am uncertain of the type of model I should be using. From what I understand, parallel processes latent growth curve models seem to involve two growth curves that are interdependent whereas cross-domain deals with the relationships between two processes that are occuring over the same time period. Both of these sound like they could define my model.

Is there something that I am missing? What are the differences between these two types of models? I am sure that there are some very distinct differences between the two types, but I cannot seem to find anything comparing the two. Thank you in advance.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Sunday, April 20, 2008 - 9:08 am
In the terminology that I am used to, I would call the first model that you describe a sequential process growth model where the first process is measured earlier than the second process. A parallel growth model is one where the processes are measured at the same time. Other than that the models are similar. I think what you refer to as a cross-domain model is a parallel growth model from what you say.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: