Semi-Continuous GMM PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Growth Modeling of Longitudinal Data >
Message/Author
 elizabeth coyne crowe posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 10:37 am
In some of the online Mplus trainings, I found what I think might be the solution to what I am trying to model. I have four time points for two measures of reading: one letter word and one vocabulary. I have two time points of comprehension. I would like to extract classes of growth based on the constellation of these three measures. From what I saw presented as a semi-continuous growth model, this looks like it might work. Theoretically, could I extract clusters of growth using lw and pv and then use the passage comprehension as a covariate to the classes in order to include its influence.

Would I need to extract classes of growth on each measure separately and then extract classes of growth based on the class memberships? Then on top of that add comprehension as a covariate to the latent class of the probabilities of growth from lw and pv? Or can I extract classes from lw and pv simultaneously, as well as applying a covariate. To me this would look similar to example 6.16, only with classes extracted, a covariate, and both outcomes as continuous.

I can send the path diagram I created, if that would help.
As always, thanks so much.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 9:57 am
I would look at my outcomes separately as a first step.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: