Prelim analysis with ANOVA? PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Growth Modeling of Longitudinal Data >
Message/Author
 james posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 7:45 am
I am planning on conducting a LGM with 4 waves of data. At this point I'm determining the feasibility of this, and someone mentioned that an ANOVA can be conducted in the first stage to give a crude look at whether time is relevant to my variables? I'm not familiar with this, therefore I'm not sure what this ANOVA would be? Any thoughts?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 8:41 am
You can do a repeated measures ANOVA but I don't see any reason to do so. I would fit a LGM which is a more flexible model than repeated measures ANOVA.
 Nicholas Mian posted on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 8:49 am
Hello,
I am interested in doing a simple repeated measures design with a categorical IV with 3 levels and a continuous DV measured at 2 time points. I'm interested in differences between the 3 groups over time, as in a RM ANOVA. Based on what I have read, it seems this would necessitate using a longitudinal modeling approach that treats the IV as a grouping variable. Since I am only interested in differences between groups rather than model comparisons, is there a simpler way to do this?
Thank you!
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 5:33 pm
This is a good question for SEMNET.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: