Question about plots PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Growth Modeling of Longitudinal Data >
Message/Author
 Sarah Dauber posted on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 9:43 am
Hello,
I am running a simple linear growth model. I am using plot 3 to produce a plot of the average estimated growth curve, as well as a plot of a sample of estimated individual curves. What I would like to produce is a graph that overlays the avg estimated curve on the individual curves, to illustrate variability around the average. Is there a way to do this in Mplus?

Thanks,
Sarah Dauber
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 9:56 am
Yes, this can be done by PLOT. Using SERIES = , your plot menu shows an option for this.
 Sarah Dauber posted on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 10:03 am
Thank you. Can you tell me what the option is called? I was able to plot the average curve on one graph and the individual curves on a separate graph, but did not see a way to get it all on a single graph.

Thanks.

Sarah
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 10:21 am
"Estimated means and observed individual values". If you don't see it, we don't give it for your special case. One example would be categorical outcomes for which it wouldn't make sense. You can do it yourself by classifying people into most likely class and do the plot in some plotting program.
 Mary M Mitchell posted on Tuesday, May 05, 2020 - 12:28 pm
Dear Drs. Muthen,

I am running a 3-class growth mixture model and want to obtain the Sample & Estimated Means under the PLOT3 option. The plot that I get has 3 flat lines, but the s and q means are significant in 2 of the classes. Why the divergence between the plot and the calculated means?

Thanks,

Mary
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Wednesday, May 06, 2020 - 2:16 pm
We need to see your output and plot - send to Support along with your license number.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: