Cubic spline model PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Growth Modeling of Longitudinal Data >
Message/Author
 dlosardo posted on Monday, September 28, 2009 - 11:44 am
Hello,

I have been trying to run a cubic spline model in Mplus by using the model constraint function. However, in the output I am not receiving values for some parameters (they are showing up as 999), and I am receiving incorrect values for other parameters (the data was simulated so I'm not getting back the correct values). I was wondering if Mplus can currently handle a cubic spline model, and if so am I going about it wrong? I have the data set up with every observation having 5 time points with nonmissing data and a variable (delta) that indicates how many time points have passed between an observations nonmissing values. So, if a person has a nonmissing value at time 3 and then at time 6, they will have a value of delta of 3. I can send the code if that would be helpful. Thanks for your help.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, September 28, 2009 - 3:12 pm
I would have to see your output to understand what you are doing. Please send it and your license number to support@statmodel.com.
 Lingxin Hao posted on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 8:55 am
Could someone show me the codes for a correct specification of cubic spline (e.g., 4 equal-spaced knots) as the growth factors (in this case 3 factors) in growth mixture modeling? Thanks for your help.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 5:46 pm
You may want to ask on SEMNET.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: