GEE PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Growth Modeling of Longitudinal Data >
Message/Author
 Daniel posted on Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 7:29 am
Hi,
I am trying to understand generalized estimating equations. How does this differ from the appraoch taken in your general modeling framework?
 bmuthen posted on Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 1:46 pm
A good start in understanding this is to read the Muthen, duToit, Spisic (1987) paper listed on our web site (I can send it to you) as well as the Reboussin (formerly Melton) Psychometrika paper it refers to.
 Daniel posted on Friday, November 19, 2004 - 11:40 am
Yes, could you please send it to me. I'd appreciate it very much. My email address is drodrig2@mail.med.upenn.edu
Thanks
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Saturday, November 20, 2004 - 6:22 am
Will do.
 fati posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 6:14 am
Hi;
can you please send me your article: Muthen, duToit, Spisic (1987) paper listed on your web site, thank you my email adress fatima.bouharaoui@usherbrooke.ca

thanks
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 4:13 pm
Can you please email bmuthen@ucla.edu to request that paper.
 ywang posted on Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 12:24 pm
Dear Drs. Muthen:

I am wondering if I can use SAS GEE approach to model growth modeling. What are the advantages and disadvantages of conducting GEE growth modeling compared to the approach Mplus uses for latent growth modeling(either SEM or ML framework)?

Thanks!
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 12:39 pm
GEE and our WLSMV estimator are compared in the paper:

Muthén, B., du Toit, S.H.C. & Spisic, D. (1997). Robust inference using weighted least squares and quadratic estimating equations in latent variable modeling with categorical and continuous outcomes. Unpublished technical report.

which you find on our web site under Papers, Structural Equation Modeling.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: